Monday, December 13, 2010

Can You Believe It?

Wow! I am actually blogging within a year of my last blog :-b

I can't sleep, and it is at times like this where I can come up with the most random things to talk about!

Grandma:

My Grandma Maria has come to visit! I love i when she visits - I just think she is so exciting and interesting! Just the first day she got here she was telling us about all the things she remembered about Pearl Harbor. I had no idea that she lived in Hawaii when it happened (and near Pearl Harbor is what she said). I wanna say she was about 9 years old - she was just playing with the other kids in the neighborhood before church when, all of a sudden, they saw these puffs of clouds in the sky. Next thing she new, these vans/trucks came and these guys started grabbing all of the kids and shoving them into these vehicles. She said they took them to the schools they went to. After a few days, one of the kids realized that their parents weren't with them - then all of them started freaking out because they thought they were in prison or something! Finally, after 3 days - her family picked her up. She said that they made everyone carry gas masks around, and the kids had to get their food rations because the parents were too busy working. What an experience! I can't imagine living there at that time. I just love the stories she has to tell us about her past!

Sacrament Meeting:

Jaeda and I went to church without dad and Cael this last Sunday. I don't think I ever want to do it again! It is clear to me now that Jaeda has entered the terrible two's stage of life. She was throwing hymn books, trying to run away, slapping me in the face, yelling "OW MOMMY!" repeatedly - even though I wasn't touching her, and yelling out "NO, I'm NOT being naughty!" My ward probably thinks I beat her now - so embarassing! It probably doesn't help that she didn't get her nap before church - 9am meetings will be way better come January.

Cael:

He isn't crawling just yet, but he's scooting backwards. Today, he got stuck underneath the TV stand, underneath his vibrating chair, in-between the vibrating chair and the exersaucer, and underneath the Christmas tree! He was able to roll around all over the place before, but now - it's just more exciting! I love looking at him and saying "Are you stuck?" Then he gives this HUGE cheeky smile - ah, being a mother is so awesome (even if you have the occasional evil 2 year old). I would take pictures, but I left our camera at the in-laws house on Thanksgiving :-(

Girls Night:

I need a girls night - the only problem is, Ryan would never take the kids somewhere to leave me the apartment to host a girls night, I am too shy to invite all the people I'd want to and would probably just end up inviting Diana (haha), and I can never think of anything to do if I invited someone over - feel free to leave suggestions :-) I get breaks every few weeks - but I mostly just end up walking around the mall, target, or walmart window shopping. It gets old....

4 comments:

  1. You blogged twice! I am beside myself : )

    We live in a house. And it happens to be full of girls. Hope you know you can always come over here for a much needed girls night. Fair warning: we eat junk food, watch movies constantly, do crafts, and talk about boys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - junk food is my favorite! Talking about boys might not be as much fun, but I can handle it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still LOVE talking about boys!!! So let's do this girls' night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - name the time and place and I'm there :-)

    ReplyDelete