Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Awkward!!

So here is the deal - I work at a music school...not just any music school, though - I work at MY BROTHER'S music school. Pretty much, I'm going to do the best I can with my job and make sure everyone else is, too. There was an issue with one other teacher. We've butted heads a few times (in one day) about policies, she's broken the dress policy, and she missed a lesson without telling us beforehand. Everything that goes on at the school goes onto a Word document and gets e-mailed to my sister-in-law (she pretty much runs the business)...not because I feel like it...because that is what I was told to do.

Pretty much, I got this girl fired....then, she spoke with my sister-in-law and got herself unfired... that's cool with me. I'm just a little nervous about tomorrow when this girl who I got fired comes in to work. I'm thinking its going to be awkward. I'm afraid she thinks that I singled her out or something and tried to get her fired...but I didn't do that...I just reported things to my boss like I was supposed to.

Do I feel bad? .......No....not really. I believe in rules. I'm not the one who broke them and I'm not the one who wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing. I just am afraid she's going to hate me from now on....I guess that is what I get for being the office tattletale.

No comments:

Post a Comment