Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Know Nothing

So I recently realized that my entire wardrobe consisted of solid colored tee shirts, a black wonder tee, a white wonder tee, and jeans. This annoyed me a little. So, I went to the last Value Village half off sale and tried to buy things that were cute and NOT solid colored tees. I came out with some striped things, some button up things, some cute sweater....and then the other day I realized that I don't know anything about fashion! What the heck am I supposed to wear with a green and white striped tank top, or a grey v-neck sweater? I have no idea! I'm used to matching a solid colored tee with a white or black wonder tee with a pair of jeans.

No worries, I found a solution! Leslie Beecher recently introduced me to Pinterest.com, and what I do is I go to Ronae Norris's "What To Wear" board or Megan Lindblad's "beauty & fashion" board and look for a something I can work with, haha. Apparently I suck at being a girl. Thanks to everyone else for having a sense of style - so that I can mimic the things you say are stylish :-)
Green and white stripes were my problem - this pic from Megan's board helped a little :-)

4 comments:

  1. I have the same fixation on solid colors (mostly deep winter colors). I've been trying for a couple years now to buy tops with patterns and prints, but 90% of the time I'll wear it once and feel stupid in it. I also suck at being a girl and have failed you as an older sister. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cindy - this is all your fault, haha. Do what I do - check out your friends' pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...Pinterest is the best and I love the style boards...it opened a new life in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah, I'm pretty sure pinterest is going to influence my next shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete